Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I inherited a Mercedes Benz, 2007, CLK 350 Hardtop with

Customer Question
Hi there. I...

Hi there. I inherited a Mercedes Benz, 2007, CLK 350 Hardtop with 30,000 miles. A cream puff and a beautiful car. The question: In the manual which is written for two other models as well, the section on Telephone refers to a "phone Cradle" in the center console. This model does not have a phone cradle or the special plug that I could purchase a Blue tooth converter or whatever, that plugs into that unit and can then interconnect my cell with the radio. Is there anything that I can do to correct this and get blue tooth for I-phone?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuse?

There is no cradle or plug. The fuse has nothing to do with the question

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?

I typed that into the first message I sent with all the details. CL350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

You are not addressing my question? Are you talking with someone else?

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/18/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Ok......I hope there is a solution

The phone install kit is no longer available , you will not be able to get a install kit to allow the puck to be connected :( your best bet is to find a aftermarket Bluetooth module that can connect in to the fiber optic system . I have installed a few myself . I cannot remember what they are called by brand but they are out there . I am about to commute so if I don't respond back right away please don't think I left you . I will respond back as soon as I can to get you taken care of . Lou

I think that I may have lost you when you talk about an "after Market Blue too module". I have seen them BUT I do not have the plug in the center console to which I would connect this blue tooth converter. DO you need to install the wiring and the plug? Did it need to be hardwired to the radio to work? I making the assumption that the radio was different in the models that had no cradle and therefore, it can't be connected. You may have an entirely different fitout that you did, so Ill need to hear back from you.
Ok so the car audio works on a fiber optic line if you don't know how fiber optics work then I suggest you google you can probably get a better description then I could ever give you lol , so yes instead of trying to obtain the factory install kit which is not available you can find these companies that make Bluetooth systems that tie into the fiber optics so you can have phone access and it would work almost like factory.