Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 E550 I have a front left srs malfunction what…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 E550 I have a front left srs malfunction what does this mean

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just came on today. what should I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to repair.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/17/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Is that the message on the dash or did you read this with a scan tool? Just to be on the same page

If you read this with a scan tool let me know the code and I can tell you what is wrong . If you did NOT read this with a scan tool and that is what is coming up on the dash that could mean a few things . There is a fault with the ......

1. Drivers steering wheel airbag or connections
  2. there is a issue with the seat belt buckle or retractor
  3. there is a issue with the side airbag
  4. there is a issue with the window curtain airbag

so without a code scanner there is no way to know for certain . If you can get the codes read I can tell you exactly what is wrong . If you just have recent work done then it can just need a code cleared or a connection is not snapped in all the way. Either way I can help you . Hope this information helps some .

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

Please respond and let me know if you need more help or what you plan to do thanks ! Lou