Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Got a 2003 s430 passenger side air strut is bad. replace

strut. front does not come...
got a 2003 s430 passenger side air strut is bad. replace strut. front does not come up after install back end at normal height. what should I look for?
Answered in 1 day by:
9/17/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, a couple of things to do and check for.

1. wheels must be on and car must be on the ground for the level sensors to accurately read the level and relay it to the module to activate the compressor
  2. when the car is started the compressor should come on within 2-5 seconds, if it does not you need to check the second fuse in the passenger side of engine bay fuse box. it will be a big 40 amp fuse.
  3. if you took the sensor or arm loose you need to make sure it went back on in the same spot, the bracket that the sensor sits in mounts in a specific orientation and needs to be put back there or else it will give false readings.
  4. if the airmatic warning comes on as soon as you start the car then that means there is an electrical fault and i would double check to make sure 1- the shock wiring is connected and plugged in all the way in the wheel well, and 2- that the pins for the connection did not get bent.

with all of these you should get it going if not the compressor may have failed along with the relay.

if you need more help we will need to do a phone call as airmatic is too time consuming to text back and forth.

hope this helps.

I am sending this over as an answer , if you still need help feel free to reply as many times as needed , Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
the 40 amp fuse you talk about blows after a couple of seconds. there is no way on vehicle to determine what fuse that is. so now we will look at pump or wiring messed up somewhere. if I need further assistance I will let you know. thank you
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ok back to testing this merc. I figure that pump is bad. when I hook up power direct to pump it just sparks pretty good and no pump action. can I test this pump this way.

yes sir, red is power black is ground, sounds like the pump is siezed.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician