Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Marty how do I purchase orange key to program key to eis

Customer Question
Hey Marty how do I...
Hey Marty how do I purchase orange key to program key to eis system ?
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/15/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 2 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Thanks. I'm just trying to re-program key to my car.

Hello Demetrius, orange keys are normally only used for initializing the EIS , when you order a key via the vin it comes pre programmed and requires no other start up unless its keyless go then you have to learn it to the car with the Mercedes scanner . I believe the only time we needed a orange key (green key is what we call it since they started out green) is whenna key was blocked and you want to unblock it . Can you tell me more about your scenario and why you are asking about the orange key? Thanks , Lou

But to answer your question you purchase the orange key through the dealer with your vin and they can order a orange key .

I've been looking up solutions in to getting my ignition switch to tun. Would I need to change my spark plug and wires?

how knowledgeable are you with cars ? And how do you even know about the orange key ?

Well like a week ago my ignition stopped working. And I looked it up on YouTube

Ok, you have to be very careful with online info and YouTube videos . So if your ignition switch won't turn you need to make sure of the following

Battery is fully charged

you have 2 keys to try

you make sure you have power present at both front and rear prefuse boxes the front box is under the passenger floor carpet and the rear is near the right rear strut tower in the trunk behind the paneling

Actually what year and model do you have my apologies I was assuming S class . Sorry about that

2002 S500

Ok lol wow , good guess . But yes . That is what you need to do , start with battery voltage and work your way to the prefuse boxes and then double check the red wires at the back of the ignition switch for power if power is good then it's either a failed key or the eis, the only way to confirm is to have 2 keys it is extremely rare to have 2 failed keys .

The orange programming key will not help you sir .

I've just got it back from the Mercedes dealership and they got me a new key and programmed it to my car.
Brand new battery

Ok then the issue is the ignition switch . BUT does the key lock and unlock the car ?

No it won't do that either.

Ok, press and hold any button on the remote and there should be a little red light that will flash just to the bottom left of the red panic button

My key works fine. Light comes on.

Lol, I am trying to help you over the internet please give me some slack , you don't even know where I am going with this . I want you to put the key into the ignition and watch for that red light to come on . If it does it's downloading coding info and just wait for it to go out before trying to turn the ignition , please put it in now and tell me if the red light comes on

Are you still with me ? I don't want to leave you if you are . I am wanting to make sure we get a solution before I turn in it's late here in Illinois .

Ok I will check back in the morning , have a good night feel free to respond here as many times as needed I will see the messages in the morning . Lou

Thanks I fell asleep myself. And I'll have to try it when I get back home.

ok let me know, ill be on most of the day,

Lou

Hey I'm back home.
Battery died
Battery died ? Like car battery ?
Car battery.
Ok so I'm assuming you got it running ? :) at least that's all it was . If that is the car if not and you need more help let me know my man , also if you could please rate me 5 stars. Thanks , that is the only way I am paid for my help . Lou
I will be putting in another ignition. And try that. Will I need to get my key programmed to the new eis system?
You cannot put in an ignition . The dealer has to do it as they will not sell the ignition switch over the counter . And here's how this works , everything you order that has to do with the immobilizer system comes vin coded and works right out of the box with the exception of the ignition switch (you need the orange authorization key) and the keyless go key(you need to use a scan tool and syncs the key to the car as there can only be 2 keyless go key signals authorized at one time) . So when you order and ignition switch and it gets installed we use the orange / green key to allow the switch to be authorized to work and then we insert each key the customer has and watch the red light on the key . When it's on the switch and key are synchronizing signals and codes . Then after a few minutes the switch will unlock and after a few more up to 24 hours the switch will unlock again to be able to turn . Hope this helps and clears up some confusion. But the switch, a key, the engine module can only be purchased while the car is in the position of the dealer . That is how we are supposed to do it . If each dealer does it that way I doubt it . But those are our rules from
Mercedes on theft related items. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician