Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a MB a200 that I bought new. They re-programmed the…

Customer Question
I have a MB...

I have a MB a200 that I bought new. They re-programmed the computer so I have this warning light every 4 or sis months to take it for a complete US$300 "inspection". My car has jus 14,000 miles and this is becoming ridiculous. Also, it uses sintethic oil but they tell me that I have to change every 5,000 miles. HELP ME, Please...!!!!

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Message saying that it needs the regular inspection.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

It is a small A200 MB, years 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Never. I have no idea how to change a tire. I believe that the dealer is taking advantage of me because I am a wife.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The frequency of changing the synthetic oil. I hear that it is supposed to be changed once a year.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, the oil is changed every 10,000 miles or 1 year on every mercedes, if you can give me your vin I can triple check the maintenance sheet and give that to you so you can see what you need to exactly do.

Lou

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician