Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

ML 320 WHEN TRYING TO START IT SAYS START ERROR, CHECK

Customer Question
ML 320 WHEN TRYING...

ML 320 WHEN TRYING TO START IT SAYS START ERROR

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Do you have scan tool or a code reader?

CHECK ENGINE LIGHT DOES NOT STAY ON

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 ml 320

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes lost key and got one from dealer by ven , they sen a key without fob but looks like key has transponder in it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 11 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is it only the metal key blade you have to use to start it with without the key fob attached to it?If this is the case you need the complete key with fob.The fob houses the electronics to allow starting.It sends a signal when the key is turned to start to allow the security system to allow starting.Without this signal you will see a message like this here unfortunately and the vehicle will not start.The dealer needs to order in the fob per your VIN number.The fob will come pre programmed ready to start the vehicle.The only thing that will not come pre programmed on this specific model is the keyless entry for the fob.The dealer will need to program the fob to allow the locking and unlocking to work with it.But the transponder is actually in the fob itself unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete