Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Lost the key, using the vin # ,the dealer sent me a new key

Customer Question

lost the key
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: using the vin # ,the dealer sent me a new key without a fob , it looks like the transponder in in the key but the car will not start
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2001 ML 320
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ,i can't program the key like some forms say because i don't have open and close buttons a fob to hold one and press the other one 5 times and so on
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the dealer should not have given you that key it will not program. they ordered the wrong key, you need to get them to take it back and order you the fob, the key will always start the car, the programming is only for the locking and unlocking of the car.

but again the dealer sold you the wrong key.

hope this helps. sorry for your situation :(

if you need anything else please let me know.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Hello , have you gotten the car taken care of?

please let me know, I am still here to help if you need my help

Lou