Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I just installed all four new struts today with compressor…

Customer Question
I just installed all...

I just installed all four new struts today with compressor and valve. the car rising function worked fine for several hours whiles driving I heard a bang got out and the passanger rear suspension was low

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2000 s500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I changed all the components of the airmatic suspension

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

After I chaned everything the dash reader said Airmatic visit shop

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

it sounds like the rear airbag blew.

if you changed all new parts can you tell me why? what was the issue before and where did you get the new parts from?

most likely the issue is just a defective strut and you will have to part warranty it.

the only way a bag would blow is if the level sensor was not connected properly and the air compressor kept filling the strut until it blew but if that was the case it would not have been a few days after the repair it would have been immediate that is why I think you just have a failed new part.

I would get it part warrantied and install another one and then you should be good to go unless there is more info that you have not shared with me yet.

if you need anything else please let me know I am here to help.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician