Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The tailgate latch is malfuctioning... at first, it would…

Customer Question
The tailgate latch is...

The tailgate latch is malfuctioning... at first, it would not close completely and now it on't open with thre remotee... and periodically the light on the dash shows the gate is open when i'm driving...

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2009 r350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your R350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Self and shop... no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The battery went dead and I replaced it myself... There may be some codes/sensors that need too be reset???

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

the tailgate latch is the most problematic part of the system

it sounds exactly like a failed latch mechanism.

have you replaced any parts ?

if you have the auto raise and lower option does the tailgate work other then the latching?

let me know but I am fairly certain that the latch is the issue,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech