Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Well I made a stop at the store cut the car off came back…

Customer Question
Well I made a...

Well I made a stop at the store cut the car off came back put the key in but it wouldn't turn

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?

Yes I can turn it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2004 s430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes put new battery in the key remote

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/14/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

this can either be a failed key or a failed ignition switch , the only way to test is with a second key, do you have a second key?

also does you key lock and unlock the car?

Let me know and I will do my best to help you but the ignition switch and or the key can only be diagnosed with a second key, if you get a second key and the ignition switch still does not turn then the issue is the switch,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech