Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Well I made a stop at the store cut the car off came back

Customer Question

Well I made a stop at the store cut the car off came back put the key in but it wouldn't turn
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: Yes I can turn it
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 s430
JA: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes put new battery in the key remote
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

this can either be a failed key or a failed ignition switch , the only way to test is with a second key, do you have a second key?

also does you key lock and unlock the car?

Let me know and I will do my best to help you but the ignition switch and or the key can only be diagnosed with a second key, if you get a second key and the ignition switch still does not turn then the issue is the switch,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech