Mercedes

Connect one-on-one with a verified mercedes mechanic who will answer your question

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician

More related answers
All mercedes mechanics are VERIFIED
Alot of black smoke and rough running when idling but clears
eric remington
eric remington, FORMER SHOP OWNER/TECHNICIAN/INSPECTOR
Alot of black smoke and rough running when idling but clears up when reved up . 450sl 1975 … read more
We have a 1978 Mercedes 450 sl, its not getting fuel to all
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
We have a 1978 Mercedes 450 sl, its not getting fuel to all the fuel components. We rebuilt fuel distributor and replaced fuel pump. Any suggestions? … read more
I just put new fuel pump filter, Etc. send distributor to be
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I just put new fuel pump filter, Etc. send distributor to be professional restored. but my car wont strat is a mercedes benz 1976 450 sel could that be because the fuel distributor valve is way to clo… read more
I can't seem to get the fuel tank out of the position its in
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I can't seem to get the fuel tank out of the position its in in the trunk it's like it's stuck on something but there is nothing I can see on the new tank from stopping it from coming out. … read more
Car runs a little rough t idle then when it warms up it acts
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, High school
car runs a little rough t idle then when it warms up it acts like its loading up and flooding , blowing black smoke out exhaust … read more
Im working on a 1977 450 SL that was sitting a time. We took
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Im working on a 1977 450 SL that was sitting a long time. We took out the gas tank and had it boiled out, replaced the strainer filter the fuel filter and the fuel pump with OE stuff. The car will sta… read more
450 sl: i do have a 73 450 sl. . and it runs great, but lately
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
i do have a 73 450 sl. . and it runs great, but lately i do notice that if i get out of the car for 15 or 20 minutes, then try to restart it again, it seems to struggle with the re-start. if i wait lo… read more
e320: 2003 E320, slow acceleration from a stop, replaced gas
Matt, Engineer
2003 E320, slow acceleration from a stop, replaced gas pedal, airflow meter, crank sensor, cleaned injectors, no fix… read more
450 sl: I have an 1976 MB 450 SL It starts ok when its cold
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have an 1976 MB 450 SL It starts ok when its cold and everything is ok But when I stop it and the engine is hot and try to start it after I have been away for 30 min the engine goes on a few cylinde… read more
1976 Mercedes Benz: it smogged today and it did not pass
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Hi, I own a 1976 Mercedes Benz 450SL. I had it smogged today and it did not pass. This is the second time it's failed. The problem is still the same - the CO2 levels. In 2009, it tested 15 mpg - 0.01 … read more
1976 mercedes: sl..runs great..2200 rpm, as car warms..1000 rpm..screw
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
1976 mercedes 450 sl, Came ro me in boxes, all back togather now runs great, except cold start up 2200 rpm, as car warms 130, 1600 rpm and at180, 1000 rpm. after car is at full temp perfect. idle scre… read more
1972 450 SL and the distributer shaft seems a little slack..meter
mbfixer
mbfixer, Shop manager
I have a 1972 450 SL and the distributer shaft seems a little slack.I set the points at 12 thou. But when I check it with a dwell meter it varies between 24 and 37degrees What could be the problem and… read more
Leak..the distributor that connects the fuel line..cold start
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
EUROTEC! I have a 1976 450 sl that has a leaky fuel distributor. The leak is coming from the part of the distributor that connects the fuel line to the cold start valve. The line part number is XXXXX … read more
mercedes: SL..carb but it wont run by itself..coming through
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have a 450 SL mercedes that I ran out of gas and now it won't stay running it runs when I spray starter fluid in the carb but it won't run by itself and there is gas in it and the fuel is coming thr… read more
I have a 1976 450 SL that has a fuel problem. Has spark. Has
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have a 1976 450 SL that has a fuel problem. Has spark. Has good fuel pressure but will not run without pouring gas to the injectors. When I use starting fluid it starts right up, but rpms are go up … read more
A 1976 450 sl v8 117.985 engine it starts right away when cold..cranks
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
I have a 1976 450 sl v8 117.985 engine it starts right away when cold but once warm it cranks for a long time but will eventualy start.… read more
1975 MBZ 450 SL with an electronic fuel delivery system..cuts..acts
mbfixer
mbfixer, Shop manager
1975 MBZ 450 SL with an electronic fuel delivery system. When driving may car sometimes it just cuts off for no apparent reason. When I try to restart the vehicle it acts like its flooded. Eventually … read more
1979 Mercedes: it would leak from and what is the consistency of Freon
mike
mike, Real Estate invest/Pennsylvania Mechanic
I have a 1979 Mercedes 450 SL. I believe it is leaking Freon--but not sure. Where would the most likely place it would leak from and what is the consistency of Freon so that I if I saw it I know what … read more