Petrol_Pete
Petrol_Pete, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

I changed the spark plugs on my 04 C240 and after doing so

Customer Question

Hello , I changed the spark plugs on my 04 C240 and after doing so the car had no power. I checked for spark at each plug, witch it had. then i replaced the plugs with a new set.
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: it won"t rev over 4500 rpm and it's slow getting there
JA: Are you fixing your C240 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've installed a power steering rack on it . but this is my first tune up
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no other than I was wondering if it could be the wires, nothing else was disturbed
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Petrol_Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am Mike, welcome. I'm reviewing your question. Can you tell me the year, make, model, engine.

Did you check the gap on the spark plugs before installing them? If so, did you by any chance get 2 spark plug wires put back on, on the wrong cylinders/crossed?

This diagram may help to determine which spark plug wire goes where by looking at the color wires on each coil on plug.

Did that answer your question? If so, kindly leave me a positive rating, so I get credit. After all, you have already made the deposit.
If you don't, the deposit you made will just sit there and I won't get my share of it.