MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 2010 E550 with secondary air pump issue. The pump

Customer Question

I have a 2010 E550 with secondary air pump issue. The pump is good as I checked it to the battery. The 40AMP fuse was blown and replaced, I also checked the relay and it appears to be fine. However when I start the car I get no voltage to the pump. Do you know the layout of what pins or what for the relay?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No the battery is good
JA: Are you fixing your E550 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I'm working on it myself. I have test voltage to the relay and then out to the pump but not sure what the pins on the relay are to be showing?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Gunvir Singh replied 1 month ago.

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Did you check for voltage at startup with engine cold or warmed up?