Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My diesel car won't start it has 0 remaining starts even…

Customer Question
My diesel car won't...

My diesel car won't start it has 0 remaining starts even though i added adblu with 3 remaining starts left now trying to get to work but car won't start

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Yes they are fine not corroded on this 2014 svn ml

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '14 Mercedes?

Ml

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just sitting in garage nothing

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/13/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

if you have a generic scan tool , we have been lucky to be able to erase the fault codes and allow the engine to start another time.

the problem is that a code was most likely set and thats why the remaining starts went active

the only way to get rid of that totally is with a mercedes scanner and performing the tests on the adblue system

but for now the only way you can get it to start once more is to erase the codes with a generic scan tool

other then that we (the dealer) are the only ones that can get the system back and operational once the diagnostics are done.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Hello it has been a few hours since you seen my reply, did you have any follow up questions to what I posted?

please let me know as I would like to get you taken care of, thanks. Lou

Sorry, you have the wrong Jim Gossett email address