Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have the same 2001 c320 but 1.11 amp draw which drops to…

Customer Question
I have the same 2001...
I have the same 2001 c320 but 1.11 amp draw which drops to .01 after pulling fuse #42 for 5 sec. (instrument cluster)...stays at .01 to .02 overnite after reinsurtation of fuse. after unlocking door, draw goes back to 1.11 until I pull this fuse only.
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/12/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here with this fuse being pulled dropping the draw to normal as well as the draw not coming back at all over night after reinstalling this fuse indicates the fault is in the instrument cluster itself.The instrument gauge cluster is a computer of its own internally and it can fail/act up and causes this type of fault here with the cluster itself needing replaced.I have had to replace and program the cluster before on this model as well as other Mercedes models to correct issues with a battery drain like you see here.

The cluster is not fully powering down properly with key off causing the drain.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

thanks Pete, but is it repairable?

I apologize for the delay as I was offline the last couple of days.

Usually the cluster has to be replaced to resolve this type of fault here but in some cases if you can locate a facility online they may be able to repair it.I would just make sure it is a reputable repair facility to do the repairs.You might contact the facility below to see if they can look into and repair it for you.

http://masrepair.com/repair-services/cluster-speedometer-repair/mercedes-instrument-cluster-repair/

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here or above ( should be a link to click on ) as this is how I receive credit for my time,this can be done at any time and you can still come back here and reply if needed.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete