Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

E500 stop running after about 30 minutr. 2004. Replace gas…

Customer Question
E500 stop running after...

E500 stop running after about 30 minutr

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your E500?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replace gas pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It run good but stop running after about 30 minute once it cool off it start back up

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

Okay, if the fuel pressure is good after it stops running, then check for a strong blue spark at the plugs. The CRANK sensor may be overheating and failing. We can also scope the crank sensor too to see what the waveform looks like. Keep me posted.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time or need any diagrams?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor