Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have a light that is out on the trunk that is above the

Customer Question

I have a light that is out on the trunk that is above the license plate and I wanted to change the bulb. I wanted to know if I need to take out the inside cover or do I just remove the screws and take the plate off and the plastic covering of the light bulb.
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Mercedes. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello what year and model do you have ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1999 C230

Ok thanks let me take a look it's been a while since I had to do One .

Ok here is how I did them.....

You will have 2 screws on each light lens , loosen the screws until they come out and then screw them back in barely a full turn so they bite back into the lens and then use the screws to pull the lens out of the trunk lid , then you can pop the bulbs out and back in . Hope this helps if you need more help just let me know .

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech