MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

P2560-1-2 P2500 P220A Y3 N2-3 05 C240 4matic, Goes to limp,

Customer Question

P2560-1-2 P2500 P220A Y3 N2-3 05 C240 4matic
JA: Are you fixing your C240 4matic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Goes to limp, stop off start works OK Has had RR speed snsr
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: Voltage OK
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No eng run issues
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the factory information to assist!!

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
WDBRH81J45F671700
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

what make and model scan tool are you using please?

thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, do not know, mechanic I am working with is using 12K USD Snap-on supplied tester, codes cleared, BTW, but went into limp on the way home, stop-start-OK
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Mileage 135k, problem is several months aged
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
this time I also got ABS light and msg, as well as EPS unavail msg, ABS msg gone, ABS light remains illuminated
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

looks like a trans code issue. was a total vehicle scan of all modules performed ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cleared codes and roadiest .all P codes
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

on benz there are other modules like the abs , trans , ignition switch and others. these modules communicate to each other so this total scan is very important to see all modules to isolate if it is trans, abs, engine or another area.

Snap on scanner is a very good scanner but i have seen times the translation from generic code to manufacturer specific code can be skewed and may lead you in the wrong way!!!

MB scan tool is the choice to get the correct info .

i just want the correct info to lead you the correct way in an efficent and logical way!!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
P2560-1-2 trans slip 1st, 2nd 3rd P2500 Tran Impermissible P220A Y3GN2 - 3 is what I have. If this is not enuf, let me know we are done here...All cleared went to limp in rain..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
That was a question, are we done here?