Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Blind spot assist and cruise control assist ate inoperative.

Customer Question
Blind spot assist and...

Blind spot assist and cruise control assist ate inoperative. When this happens turn signals don't work and I can't shift gears.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

It's a 2013 ml350. I haven't checked the brake switch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only turned car off and on. It wirked twice before but now it's recurring daily.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Peoblem occurred immediately after heavy rain, except today. Thanks.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/10/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

There is a issue with the blind spot modules itself in the rear bumper that with the debris that tires spew up there the cases of the module gets contaminated and with a heavy rain wicks in the module and water logs the module causing failure. sometimes also the harness to the modules needs to be replaced at the same time.

a scan test and visual check is needed to verify this!!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang