sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

Second opinion] My 2003 G500 W463 started dying while

Customer Question

Second opinion] My 2003 G500 W463 started dying while driving.Error code for a faulty crankshaft position sensor so replaced it. Cleaned MAF too. Now gas pedal is dead. will idle but no acceleration. Error code P0120 for TPS so replaced it. Still no acceleration. Tried to reset ECU and TCU. Nothing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you replaced the TPS, cleared the fault code and it returned then you either have a bad replacement sensor or a wiring issue. Aftermarket electrical parts do often cause repeat issues but it's very possible that you have a wiring issue, the next step in diagnosing the problem will be to test the wiring. You could have an open circuit on the reference voltage circuit, sensor ground or signal circuit, there may be a short to ground or voltage on the signal circuit.

I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help you can reply back here and I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you!