Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Car idle is rough and car dies without pressure on pedal. is

Customer Question
car idle is rough and...
car idle is rough and car dies without pressure on pedal. is this the idle control unit.
JA: Is the rough idle intermittent or consistent?
Customer: rough and only when stopped. runs great at higher rpm.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 1984 380 sl.
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when issue happened, car died at stop light, i parked to avoid any further damage. I am capable of some types of repairs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The car maintains a high oil pressure but previous owner stated this is usual.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
9/11/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 2 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In your under hood fuse panel locate the over voltage protection relay and see if the fuse is blown in the relay.If it is blown replace it and see if it then operates properly from there.If this is or was checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sciqsjtrsgw21vs/ov-09-11.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic