Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

94 e320 no spark on cyls 2&5 4&3JA: Are you fixing your E320

Customer Question

94 e320 no spark on cyls 2&5 4&3JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: yes new coils and plugsJA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: replaced ecm from salvage yardI replace the ECM because I connected a test light from positive to the coil can primary connection and I heard a noise in the ECM area like I pipes on the test light was not a sensor safe test lightit ran on four cylinders before I touched the primary inside primary wire with the test flight cylinders five and two were firing before I did that
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not checked for any blown fuses in all fuse panels this needs done first.If any fuses are found blown the affected fuses need replaced.If all fuses were checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete