MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I want to install back up camera in my Mercedes benz e500.

Customer Question

JA: Is this an aftermarket camera, or did it come with the vehicle?
Customer: After marcket,at Which color is for reverse bulb power ?
JA: What year is your E500?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your E500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I just install back up camera to my car
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my car is 2005 E500
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My questions are two. First, which fuse-(fuse number among N10/2) should I connect my positive line of backup camera and negative line? If it is impossible, How can I KNOW which line is for reverse light bulb among reverse lights case?
And with my monitor line, which fuse(FUSE NUMBRER among F34) should I connect my positive line of backup camera monitor and negative line?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Expert:  TECHPRO49 replied 1 month ago.

Ok first off do you have a volt meter?