Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2008 ML350 light gate wont open or close. I replace the lock

Customer Question

2008 ML350 light gate wont open or close. I replace the lock mechanism and that works fine. it seems that the lift gate does not have power. The fuse is good.
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: not lights sorry lift rear gate
JA: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i tried to reset the lift gate control module by unplugging and replugging. replace the lift gate fuse. I do not hear the motor power running at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello Thomas, we need to check the wiring at the hydraulic pump, the pump is located right next to the module , its inside the black case, the wiring usually corrodes to the pump , let start there, if you can check that then we can jump the pump to see if it actually works and then we can check power and ground at the pump to make sure its getting signal to run, it sounds like the issue is located at the pump.

let me know what you find and if you need more info,

Lou

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech