Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 ML350 light gate wont open or close. I replace the lock…

Customer Question
2008 ML350 light gate...

2008 ML350 light gate wont open or close. I replace the lock mechanism and that works fine. it seems that the lift gate does not have power. The fuse is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Not lights sorry lift rear gate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your ML350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I tried to reset the lift gate control module by unplugging and replugging. replace the lift gate fuse. I do not hear the motor power running at all.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 2 days by:
9/11/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello Thomas, we need to check the wiring at the hydraulic pump, the pump is located right next to the module , its inside the black case, the wiring usually corrodes to the pump , let start there, if you can check that then we can jump the pump to see if it actually works and then we can check power and ground at the pump to make sure its getting signal to run, it sounds like the issue is located at the pump.

let me know what you find and if you need more info,

Lou

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech