Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1985 380sl - sat for 8-9 years - replaced the fuel

Customer Question
1985 380sl - sat...

1985 380sl - sat for 8-9 years - replaced the fuel tank/pump/filter/cleared the lines/put in 8 gal high test and fuel additive/new battery - cranks when starter engages and runs as long as the key turns on - stops running when starter disengages. Could it be the pump relay?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park - don't know if there is a wheel lock feature

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 380SL yourself? What have you tried so far?

Myself - see what I tried above.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Been an hour and a half - what gives?
9/9/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 11 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Possible that it is the fuel pump relay, but I need the last 8 of the vin number to pull the schematics to see what other possible causes are and testing procedures

FA025921

HI,

Looking at the schematics, I believe it is the relay. I have attached testing procedure for it