MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

It's a 1983 MB 380SL...the fuel distributor is sending too

Customer Question

Thanks! it's a 1983 MB 380SL...the fuel distributor is sending too much gasoline to the cylinders. It floods them.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: The distributor has already been removed and cleaned the diaphragm is used but looks to be in decent condition. First time we restore a MB classic!
JA: Are you fixing your Classic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes!..see above.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it for now.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could you call me tomorrow during business hours? CST time?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.
Hello I'm Wolfgang. I do need a vin # to assist
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry, I don't think I'm understanding how this service works. I'll call them tomorrow to figure it out...I was under the impression that for $41.00 I would keep on getting access to expert until issue would be completely resolved.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 month ago.

correct but with this issue here more extensive time will be needed. You did request a phone conversation and that is a premium service!! hence the proposed offer. hopefully this clarifies things!!