Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 E350AWD and the sunshade is stuck about 8

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 E350AWD and the sunshade is stuck about 8 inches from the front and I can't move it because the motor doesn't seem to be working. Is there a separate motor just for the sunshade and a separate motor for the panaramic sunroof?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

There are 36,000 miles on it and it is automatic trans

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '11 Mercedes?

E350 AWD Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, it is at a local shop and they are telling me there are two separate motors, one for the sunshade and one for the actual sunroof. I find that a little suspicious and trying to verify this info

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, this is what I need help with

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/7/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

there are in fact 2 motors , one for the glass and one for the shade. the front shade and rear shade both are like the old style pull down and roll up shades for a house window but they use cables and levers to pull the shade out .

either the motor failed OR the motor came loose from the roof and the teeth are jumping causing a machine gun type noise when trying to operate.

hope this helps

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful , rating is just as important to me as your issue is to you. Please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you, Thank you.
Lou Palomino
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician