Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

Replaced the head gasket on my 1990 m 104 SL, wont start and

Customer Question
Replaced the head gasket on...
Replaced the head gasket on my 1990 m 104 SL
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: wont start and show a cold compression test of approx. 90 psi per cylinder.
JA: Are you fixing your SL yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced head gasket but shows low compression
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Head was resurfaced befor the gasket was replaced.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Marty, Mercedes Technician replied 3 months ago
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician

Hi, my name is***** sounds like the cam timing is in correct. Are you sure you timed it correctly when you installed the head?

Marty
Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician