Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Parking lamp problem. After 10-15 seconds of exterior lights

Customer Question

Parking lamp problem. After 10-15 seconds of exterior lights being on, I get a dash message indicating right parking light is out. Sometimes, but not always, it says the left side is bad too. The right side message comes on every time. All exterior bulbs are good. Removed and installed bulbs and checked connections and found them all to be good. Even replaced both lower small parking lamp bulbs with OEM parts. Have not yet replaced other "parking" lamp bulbs inboard of the high beam, but they are working.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

First make sure all bulbs are OEM bulbs as some after market bulbs have different wattage to them and can cause this issue.If they are all the correct bulbs and are OEM bulbs I have seen issues with the Front SAM control unit/ecu at fault sending a false message like this here.You would need to have the fault codes read out/checked using a compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read the sam control units to see if any codes are set and any codes set then need diagnosed to then locate and repair this issue.If the sam needs replaced it will need programmed by a dealer after replacement.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete