Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Message comes up that says "vehicle not in position of P"

Customer Question
Message comes up that...

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2012 CLS 63

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. Just discovered

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I hear you can move the shift rod 12 times

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

None THe car only traveled 10000 mls

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
9/7/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago
Shawn Few

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You

Thanks
Mercedes Mechanic: Shawn Few ,
 replied 10 months ago

I would do a reset in case was glitch,to be honest we need a Mercedes star scanner to retrieve fault codes so we can pull up trouble shoot

MASTER RESET

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

do not worry no spark will happen since we took power source out of the loop by taking both cables off, by touching them we are taking all residual power off the modules to reset them as if we using factory scanner .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start