Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2015 c300, Sorry for the long article, But the headrest

Customer Question
Hi, 2015 c300 Mechanic's...

Hi, 2015 c300

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C300 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Http://www.carcomplaints.com/Mercedes-Benz/C300/2014/accessories-interior/headrest_too_far_forward.shtml Sorry for the long article

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But the headrest being so far forward is bothering my neck Is that a "feature" of the car or something I can fix?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
9/5/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Mike we have had a few complaints like yours, we expect that mercedes will change the angle in the future models and you will be able to purchase the new headrest in the future,

but as for a warranty concern or anything currently being done there is nothing the dealers like my self have to offer.,

Lou

one thing i can advise is that you call customer service for Mercedes , not the dealer, and create a complaint, the more complaints of a feature that are recorded the more the engineers actually listen and change the car .

I know that does not help the current scenario but it will help in the long run.

I wish I had a magic fix, I heard of one shop that used a older model headrest but we have not tried it yet.

Lou

That's it? No workaround? No ideas?

Correct, I will opt out to see if another had a better idea or different experience but seein as the question was open for as long as it was with no replies tells me that there wont be any other favorable ideas.

I hope I am wrong .

Best of luck

Lou