Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

I have a 2010 e-350 and my AC light is blinking, ac light

hi I have a 2010...
hi I have a 2010 e-350 and my AC light is blinking
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: ac light blinks 3-4 times and then goes off
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the ac only blow's hot air
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I check the freon..ok I check the fuse..ok
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/19/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello, have you had any work or accidents before this happened?

no... was working fine
are you still there

I am you have to give me time to type lol

ok,,lol

ok so the reason the ac module is blinking is because it locked out the compressor function,

the blinking light is the equivalent of the check engine light for the ac system .

there is a fault and the ac module is locking out compressor function to save the system from further damage

there are quite a few options as to what can cause this the unfortunate part is that there is no way of knowing without having a mercedes style scan tool to read the ac module codes.

do you have access to a scanner or >????

do you fix your car most times or are you just looking for what can be wrong?

please let me know and I will do what i can to help you,

Lou

I'm a CPA.... I don't have tools....lol.... I just thought it was the freon or fuse....
I see on line that I could do a AC reset... Should I do this or just bring to my guy

gotcha, ok well it wont be a fuse,

due to the age i think its safe to assume you just are low on freon, even in a completely closed system it will still seep out over the years due to the molecule size , you know, boring science stuff lol,

but you will need to have a ac machine to recharge the system at the same time you have a scan tool hooked up so it can keep erasing the low freon codes while it charges, and im not sue what reset you speak of cause there is none, so no dont try it lol,

gotta love the internet.

but yeah, mercedes style scan tool that can access the ac module for fault codes, and of course if you need more help if it ends up being more then low freon by all means let me know and i will continue to help you,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician