Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm replacing the front and rear brakes on a Mercedes GL450…

I'm replacing the front and...
I'm replacing the front and rear brakes on a Mercedes GL450 vin # 4JGBF71EX8A305842 I would like to know the torque specifications for the front and rear caliper bracket bolts and for the front and rear caliber guide pins or bolts.
Thanks
Steve Jacovetti
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/18/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

almost done steve, sorry for the delay

Here you go sir, hope this helps.

let me know if you have further questions about this,

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Thanks Lou. Could I ask if the coating needs to be removed on the new brake rotors that I purchased from Mercedes.

we usually dont remove it, you can but we usually just slap them on and let the pads burn it off, it doesnt harm anything, everyone did it differently, I never removed it its a super thin coating.

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Thanks Lou for all your help

No problem, ,one last thing i always due is wire wheel the hub surface of the wheel hub to make sure the rotors go on flat, also wire wheel the face of the back of the wheels, and also apply anti sieze around the hub center to stop corrosion from welding to the wheels. makes it hard for the customer or tech to remove wheels if not cleaned on a regular basis, Lou