Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

P0016 CODE, CRANKSHAFT POSTION CAMSHAFT POSITION CORRELATION…

CRANKSHAFT POSTION CAMSHAFT...

CRANKSHAFT POSTION CAMSHAFT POSITION CORRELATION - BANK 1 SENSOR A

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2006 MERCEDES ML 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

SOLD IT TO A CUSTOMER HE BROUGHT THIS IN FOR US TO LOOK AT DOES THIS NEED TO BE FIXED OR WE CAN MOVE ON

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

THIS IS IT

8/18/2017
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

that is the code you dont want to see. Im surprised you also do not have P0017 if not you will, this model was prone to a balance shaft failure, this was an easy 5k$ repair that all the 06 and early 07 V6 and V8 engines needed due to a premature failure of the metal that the gears were made out of ,

this will not go away without the engine being removed, torn down and the shaft replaced.

mercedes actually had a class action lawsuit on this issue, but now it is too old to be covered I believe. here is the info for the code.

its highly unlikely you have another issue besides this balance shaft, that is the only thing that can retard the passenger bank.

let me know if you have any questions.

Please take a second and click the STARS at the top of the screen to rate my service 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel I deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again ,
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Tech
Master ASE Certified Tech

Thanks for all your help I just had a general sense on this I did hear that it would cost almost $5000 to repair you've been great and thanks for confirming I really like the service and enjoyed it
No problem , glad I could help and super glad you like the site , we are real people with real world knowledge and try to help the best we can for sure, have a good weekend and please don't forget to rate my service by clicking the stars , :) that is the only way I am paid , thanks again , Lou Palomino
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician