Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

My 2012 AC lights are blinking on and off air blows on and

My 2012 AC lights are blinking on and off air blows on and off too. What could this be? Is it low on Freon?
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: only the AC panel lights blink on and off
JA: What is the model of your '12 Mercedes?
Customer: E350 2015
JA: Are you fixing your E350 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: have not tried anything yet it just started
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The ac panel blinking on and off usually indicates that the climate control unit has detected a fault with one of its components.It can also indicate a fault with the climate control head ( the dash control for heater and ac) needing replaced.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set in the climate control unit itself.This has to be done using a fully compatible scan tool or computer that will plug into your model to read all computers for any codes set.Once this is done there will be at least one code set that will then need to be diagnosed to then locate and repair this fault.This has to be done to help locate which component is at fault needing repaired or replaced.It is very possible it is low on freon due to a leak needing repaired or that a sensor has failed like the evaporater temp sensor but the codes do need checked to see for sure which is the cause here

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete