Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The transmission is in limp mode. Transmission fluid is

Customer Question
The transmission is in...

The transmission is in limp mode

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

Transmission fluid is good

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2004 S500

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fuse its good that all

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes my airmatic system I put new struts in now if I let the car sit over night the air leaks

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/8/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 10 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

can you give me a detailed explanation of the issues you are having?

Transmission in limp mode
Airmatic system leak
I have replaced both fron struts

ok, do you have a scan tool that can read mercedes fault codes?

which axle leaks down?

I have a scan tool
Both sides I think leak down

ok, what brand and model scan tool.

lets do one thing at a time.

the airmatic will be the easiest. keep in mind that this forum is not a diagnostic forum even though i know i can get you fixed up. but the time i spend with you will save you hundreds in diagnostic and repair feed. so i would appreciate it if you cannot forget to rate me when we are good to go, or else i am not paid for all the time i am about to spend with you.

with that being said, does the air compressor raise the car up? or do you not hear the compressor come on?

It comes up

ok, how long does it sit before it lowers? and is it the front and rear?

Overnight
Front

ok, since there are seperate valves for the shocks its hard for me to think its a valve block. did you in fact replace these struts? was it with new parts or used?

New struts right and left

ok, then it has to be a leaking valve block . the valve block is above the compressor. you will want to spray it down with soap and water to see if it is leaking, or when the car is off see if you can blow air through the lines.

i will have to leave for a bit but can return later. feel free to reply as much as needed i will reply when i can but be on full time later today.

hello, how are you doing today?

any progress with the struts?

Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago

Hello, checking back are you still needing help with this?

please let me know I will do what i can to help,

Lou.