Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Marty! On My 1983 Mercedes 380SL I have a some issues I need

Customer Question

Hi Marty! On My 1983 Mercedes 380SL I have a some issues I need help of an experienced mechanic with...I have an old leak that seems to be coming from the timing chain tensioner or nearby. I need help determining how to fix the leak. Also my oil pressure gauge is not working properly. I think I may have a short in wire harness cable or have the wrong sensor cable plugged into the sending unit. The trunk and gas tank locks are not working on vacuum. Lastly my AC vents do not change when operating the HVAC controls.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
what is the process for removing and replacing the gasket on the timing chain tensioner?
Is there a wiring diagram that show the correct wire colors for the oil sender connection and the other temp sensors in that general area?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

If you prefer to wait for Marty, I will opt out. If you would like me to help, I just need the last 6 of the vin to pull the directions and wiring diagrams for you

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WDBBA45A0DB020627
Is my VIN number.
Expert:  Eric replied 2 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry but I will have to opt out as I dont have the requested information when checking by vin number