Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Need to know if Parktronic can be installed after market on…

Customer Question
Need to know if...

Need to know if Parktronic can be installed after market on a 2107 GLA 250 with rear camera system. I am just looking for sensors that beep, but if the whole package is easier to install, I might go for it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

I am just an end user, need help to find someone local who can do it or have the dealer do it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2017 GLA 250 4MATIC

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not fixing myself, I need to take it someone who can do it. local MB dealers are not interested in looking into it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Mercedes
My 2017 GLA 250 has only a backup camera, but NO parking sensors on back or front. I need to find out if the dealer can add it or not ? If not, need recommendation to have these installed in the Bay Area, California. If the dealer cannot add only the sensor, then is it possible to add the entire PARKTRONIC option. How much will it cost ?
8/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 8 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to get the factory information if the factory system can be installed.

if not there are aftermarket set ups where the sensors are mounted on the bumper itself.

lets try the factory first !!

Thanks

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician