Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

My Mercedes won't start after adding def. it's on zero

Customer Question
My Mercedes won't start after...
My Mercedes won't start after adding def. it's on zero starts and won't turn over
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: No they are fine. How do I reset the computer
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2013 2500 sprinter. My wife waited till "2 starts remaining" before adding def. the system didn't reset and kept counting down. Now it's on zero and won't stsrt
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Are you real? Can you tell me how to reset the computer, im
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how to reset computer so the car starts
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 4 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

on your issue the only way to get the vehicle to restart is to have it reprogrammed by dealer . note if the check engine light was on then there are other issues that need to be addressed to make the system to work properly again.

there is no other way without the factory scan tool.

I do understand that this is not the news you want to hear!

anything else?

if not.....

I try to be online 365 days a year.

I only earn a paycheck when a customer rates me Ok, Good, Excellent.

This rating is VERY IMPORTANT! Your rating compensates me on my time and my expertise on your issue!

A lot of the repair information and fixes are hard to come by!!

I HAVE DONE MY PART IN HELPING YOU AND I DO EXPECT THE SAME WITH A 5 STAR RATING!!!

So please rate me above!!!! Bonuses are also greatly appreciated!!!

If I have not addressed your original question to your liking yet, I hope you will reply and continue working with me, since your charged the full question value, regardless if you rate negative or not at all. If you rate me now, do not worry, you can still reply later to me.

Thanks

Wolfgang

Wolfgang
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician