Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can I add sirius radio to my CLA MB 2018. Didn't come with…

Customer Question
Can I add sirius...

Can I add sirius radio to my CLA MB 2018. Didn't come with car (salesman oversight)

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

Aftermarket - didn't come with car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

CLA(###) ###-####

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Mercedes?

2018

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Dealer messed up the order. They said we can fix it with an aftermarket sirius radio. They will install. I'm very skeptical??

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does it mess up the rest of the radio system?

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/6/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician replied 9 months ago
Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Mercedes Technician

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vinn # to get the option list and see if a factory system can be installed or other options.

Thanks

MB Paul
MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician