Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

My driver side rear door wont lock when I armed the vehicle.

Customer Question

Hi , My driver side rear door wont lock when I armed the vehicle. This door is the only door that can be opened and the alarm will sound. Please help., Marcel
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Is your battery fully charged?
Customer: The fuse is good, I notice the sound difference on each door. the faulty door lock does not activate at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: Year 2010 GKL 350
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I only checked the fuse and I am about to open up the passenger rear behind the driver's seat panel to have access
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That should be it Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Hello and sorry you are having this issue , keep in mind I base my info off of the info that you give me so if something I say or recommend doesn't make sense please let me know and I will clarify. First off it sounds to me like the latch had failed. These are electronic latches and they are common for the internals to fail, either it is the electrical solenoid or it's the mechanical gears inside . Either way the door panel will need removed and the under door module will need removed to replace the latch. This is not that easy of a task on this car and I'm not sure if you plan on doing the work yourself but just let me know what kind of info you need and I will do what I can to get it to you . Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate my service so I may receive my credit for helping, 5 STARS is ideal. Please request me in the future! Keep in mind that when you rate it does NOT end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, THANKS! Lou P Master Mercedes-Benz Tech Master ASE Certified

I have taken my time to answer your question the best I could and I will continue to help if you need follow up information , all I ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so I may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you. Lou P.