Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

How do I turn the ceiling lights on on the 2011 300e

Customer Question

how do I turn the ceiling lights on on the 2011 300e mercedes
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: the two long lights in theceiling that come on when you open the door
JA: Are you fixing your 300E yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. the lights were coming on before I replaced the battery in my ignition starter key.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

in order to turn on the lights you need to press the center bottom button, it looks like a upside down hump with dashes on it, that will turn the lights on and off, also it will allow the lights to come on when the doors are opened. also the lights shouldnt come on when its light outside. im almost certain in this year it functioned the same as previous, where the interior lights would not come on if the light sensor in the center of the windshield recognized sunlight. let me know if this helps. changing the batteries in the key will have no effect on this. it can be a huge coincidence.

let me know if this works, if not we can work through a few things to figure out what is happening.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified