MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have the same problem that alternator. System not

Customer Question

I have the same problem that alternator. System not charging. The small lead into the alternator only reads 5-6 volts. The fix was to replace the x4/10 fuse block. I want to know where that is located on a 1999 Mercedes e320 4 matic wagon.
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: There are more than 2 on this year vehicle
JA: Are you fixing your E320 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Fixing myself
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: As stated the alternator and battery were replace. Both were tested prior and the battery was very weak and so was the alternator
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for choosing Just Answer . I'm Wolfgang here to help!!

I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please
understand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problem
with the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computer
data/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; we
just diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the
vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Note there may be an issue where the complexity of the issue will require a Premium Service. This service will be an addition to the normal question cost. Usually it does not come down to this but keep in mind!! I am also going to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please be
patient and permit me to do what I do best.
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.
Below is my first answer or request for more information. If you do not understand it, or you need more information from me, or need me to go in more detail.

I do need a vin # to assist!!

Thanks

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
WDBJH82F3XX026136
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 2 months ago.

the x4 is located under the accelerator pedal under the floor carpet .