Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I changed the light bulb on the ac control panel on my 1998…

Customer Question
I changed the light...

I changed the light bulb on the ac control panel on my 1998 c230 and now I have a hard time getting the control unit all the way back in its slot

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The backlight on the AC control panel

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your C230 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Only minor staff, replaced the outside rearview mirror and other smaller stuff

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/3/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

most times its the wiring that is stopping the panel from going all the way back in, i used to remove the radio so i can help pull the harness back out of the way to get the ac panel back info the slot.

just dont unplug the radio or you will need a radio code. i can help with the code if needed but it would save that hassle.

so try that and let me know if it helps, also if you can upload pictures of the unit and dash maybe i can see if something is out of place.

I will do my best to help, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified