Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

There is no power in the ac system, it won't turn on. It…

Customer Question
There is no power...

There is no power in the ac system, it won't turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It just lost power

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2001 s430

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, i just would like to know what could be the reason?

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
if it is a fuse that i can replace mysellf, or a relay... ? what could cause the power from shutting down in the AC system all at once???
8/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 6 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

What happens is a fault code will set in the climate control head and can cause the compressor to shut down until the fault code is read out ( with a fully compatible scan tool ) and cleared out.Usually though there is a fault related to the fault code and the code needs diagnosed to locate the issue then repaired to resolve the issue from there.The fault codes need checked to see what codes are set in the climate control head then those codes diagnosed to repair and then cleared to allow operation again.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic