Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Excessive height on 02 S430 Airmatic suspension. Replaced…

Customer Question
Excessive height on 02...

Excessive height on 02 S430 Airmatic suspension

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced compressor and both front struts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Fluid i believe was transmission fluid from being parked over 2 weeks without driving it

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Pete, Mercedes Mechanic replied 9 months ago
Pete, Mercedes Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you did not have the height system calibration done this needs done.This is done with a dealers sds machine plugged into your vehicle or a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can perform this function.This usually has to be done any time a repair is made on the air suspension system.If this was done already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Scan tool was used on system but during the release of air pressure from shocks it released pressure from 44 to 41 and didn't work after that. It would start pump to elevate but not deflate

Were any fault codes checked to see if any codes were set in the air matic computer at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

air pressure valve p0730 I think

Can you re check the code.The code you have here is for a transmission fault.

Let me know,thanks Pete.

Pete, Mercedes Mechanic