Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Excessive height on 02 S430 Airmatic suspension. Replaced

Customer Question

Excessive height on 02 S430 Airmatic suspension
JA: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your S430 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: replaced compressor and both front struts
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: fluid i believe was transmission fluid from being parked over 2 weeks without driving it
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If you did not have the height system calibration done this needs done.This is done with a dealers sds machine plugged into your vehicle or a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle that can perform this function.This usually has to be done any time a repair is made on the air suspension system.If this was done already let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Scan tool was used on system but during the release of air pressure from shocks it released pressure from 44 to 41 and didn't work after that. It would start pump to elevate but not deflate
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Were any fault codes checked to see if any codes were set in the air matic computer at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
air pressure valve p0730 I think
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Can you re check the code.The code you have here is for a transmission fault.

Let me know,thanks Pete.