Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Noise after shut down. Been going for at least 2 hours. Im…

Customer Question
Noise after shut down...

Noise after shut down. Been going for at least 2 hours

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

Im not sure it aint mine

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your MiniE?

Im not sure its not my car

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your MiniE yourself? What have you tried so far?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Need help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
8/2/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, Let me review your request. Please stand by.

Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

What kind of noise is it?

It sounds like a fan but i cant see anything spinning. It almost sounds like the car is on but its not. Sorry im really bad with cars and even more shit trying to explain the problem. Please bare with me
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

It sounds like your radiator fan is still on. Was your vehicle running hot than normal before you turned it off?

it was
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

Ok, that is the problem. The engine probably is still hot and that is why it is still running. Need to make sure cooling system is not pressurized and then check the coolant level.

When i first shut it off it use to be alot louder then it is after 2hours. Now its more quiet but worried. Do you mind telling me what type of coolent do i need to buy for this car Mercedes-Benz ML320
Mercedes Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 11 months ago

These vehicles call for European formula antifreeze.

Also it sounds like its pulsating going louder then softer is that normal
Also what fuse do i take out to completey turn it off i got neibours and they are complaining of the noise because its been going on for along time
Hello
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 11 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and I will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

I went over the last chat, if in fact you verified that it is the fan that is running its most likely a shorted fan module. if you give me the year of your ML i can look at a diagram and tell you the best way to remedy this, thanks, ***** *****