Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Our s550 2007 sunroof will not open. just checked the fuses…

Customer Question
Our s550 2007 sunroof...

Our s550 2007 sunroof will not open.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S550 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just checked the fuses and they seem ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Just one

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What does this cost?

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mercedes Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

What is the rest?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Mercedes
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to partially manually open it
7/31/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Have you had the update to the software done to that yet? And how did you manually open it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was not aware of a sw update. I used the manual crank.

I would contact the dealer to see if your vehicle has been updated on this yet before we get into anything crazy

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What updates are you referring to? How would they affect the sunroof opening that was fine a few weeks ago?

internal module calibration issues

its the update I just sent you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks; I will call them today!

sounds good ill be around

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
We contacted the dealer that we purchased the car from and that has done most of the services on the vehicle and they do not have any record of a Service Campaign Bulletin for the sunroof on the 2007 S550.Not sure where we go from here?Thanks, Paul

Next step is to scan for any codes in the computer, do you have a scanner?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have CarMD. Does that help?

This will need a full scanner as we have to talk to the module and see what its doing and also look for codes

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since my CarMD does not indicate any problems with the benz, I believe I have to go the the dealer for further analysis.Any other feedback from you before I do that?

A few more things to try before that, first one being a reset on the system, remove both battery cables, negative first the positive, touch them together and leave off for 30 mins, reconnect positive cable then negative and try to re learn the roof.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you mean by Re-Learn?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN99BwjMxSg

this video will explain how, its not the same model but all Mercedes work the same

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank for the clarification. My wife is traveling with the car; I hope to be able to disconnect the cable soon .
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The S550 has two batteries which do I need to disconnect?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
See prior comment.The S550 has two batteries.Which do I need to disconnect?
Any response?