Mercedes

Have Mercedes questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1999 Mercedes clk 320. I can start the car and

Customer Question
drive it to work but...
I have a 1999 Mercedes clk 320. I can start the car and drive it to work but when I go to leave at the end of the day when I go to start it it will not start as if it is out of gas. I had it towed home. Just because I was curious I tried to start it and it started right up. I can start it most the time, but sometimes it will not start, but I wait for a while and it started. I have changed the fuel pump and filter. All new. Can you help me?
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Mercedes
7/31/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. Are you getting any codes?

No there is no code. I have recently checked to see if it was getting gas at the time when it will not start and it had gas at both the fuel pump and injectors. The thing is this car has electric problems (like the windows will not go up or down and only after I shut it off and let it sit for a while will they work again ) It doesn't do this all the time, but when it does the only way I can get them to go up or down is with the remote.
If your response to what I have going on with my car seems even a little helpfull and not just a way to get more of my money I will go to phone contact. The extra money is not a big deal if you can really help me. But at this time I have spent money and have gotten no where with solving my problem with my car. It normally runs great, but now I don't dare take it anywhere for it may not start and now it may stop running and I have been going down the highway at the time. And it will not start until it wants.
I do need your help

When you checked fuel pressure what was the pressure and did you perform a leak down test?