Mercedes

Have Mercedes Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Mercedes

An r359 p0455 code just had the fuel pump/filter replaced…

Customer Question
An r359 p0455 code...

An r359 p0455 code just had the fuel pump/filter replaced and fill up the car (2nd time since pump replacement) and only showed 3/4 tank when completely full.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?

Was just done 2 weeks ago at my dealership

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?

2006 R 350

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just trouble shooting it as the dealer told me that anything would be under warrenty

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Mercedes
Answered in 1 day by:
7/31/2017
Mercedes Mechanic: Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician replied 6 months ago
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

this sounds to me like they did not install the fuel pump or sender unit correctly, there is most likely a leak at the fuel pump seal on the top of the tank, they will need to recheck the installation of the fuel pump and level sensor, hope this helps,

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed just simply reply back, thanks!
Lou P.
Master Mercedes-Benz Technician
Master ASE Certified

Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician